Battery Monitors & System Controllers
After you've spent a lot of time and money on setting up your Renewable Energy System, the first thing you want to know is…IS IT WORKING? The first pieces of equipment you’re going to want to look at are the System Controllers and Battery Monitors, usually they're not in the same.
A battery monitor most often includes an accumulating amp-hour meter, a voltmeter and an amp meter with a shunt. This unit is best placed in the kitchen or somewhere that it is in view all the time. In the end the most basic question you’ll always ask is… "What is the battery state of charge?" Because it determines whether you can watch a movie tonight or not… see? With a Battery Monitor you really just get to look… It usually provides no system programming functions. There are exceptions to this.
System Meter or System Controller is the brain of your system, this is where you program all the parameters of your system… the battery charge settings for the Inverter/Generator, sleep modes, Gen start etc. This unit goes right next to the Inverter and the Batteries. While it does give a little amount of information on the health of the system is usually can’t replace a Battery Monitor. So in the end you will probably need both, a System Controller near the Inverter and Batteries to do the programing and the Battery Monitor in your kitchen to tell you what is going on.
Items 1-40 of 63
- Bogart PM 100C PentaMetric RS232 Computer Interface BOG-25001 Bogart Engineering$92.90
- Fronius Datamanager 2.0 for Galvo, Symo, Primo inverters FRO-16000 Fronius$380.23
- Magnum 3 LED Remote with 25' Cable MM Inverter Only MEI-99007 Magnum Energy$49.45
- Magnum 6 LED Remote with 25' Cable MM Inverter Only MEI-990071 Magnum Energy$52.31
- Magnum ME-RC50-LDigital LCD Display Panel with 50' Cable MEI-99050 Magnum Energy$200.66
- Magnum ME-ARC50 Remote Digital LCD Display w/ 50' Cable MEI-990505 Magnum Energy$268.73
- Magnum ME-MW-E MagWeb Web Ethernet Based Monitoring Kit MEI-99059 Magnum Energy$381.96
Items 1-40 of 63